Wednesday, April 18, 2012

This is me naked... and my single hood.






"Yeah, I'm Single", saying those words at my age might seem pernicoius 30 years ago. With this generation, I'd like to think it displays not only being comfortable as a woman but also independent  and "know what she wants". In many years of not engaging in a closed relationship, I have gotten to know who I really am. I have learned what really matters to me when it comes to a relationship or significant other.  Spending a long period of time not sharing myself , my space and my life with someone, granted me the privilege for self growth. It allowed me to get to know myself in a much deeper level.

In my previous relationships, I was the insecure woman who was co- dependent.. I was jealous, I was immature, I was afraid to be alone. That was obviously more than 15 years ago. It took many years of trial and error to be aware of all these negative qualities. But when you are so young and clearly have no business being in a relationship, you don't know how to act being in one. It took many heart breaks for to me finally become the person who I wanted to be.

With years of "single hood", not only did it give me time to self nurture but also gave me the time that I needed to be the woman that a man deserve to have. Ladies, if you fly solo.... be proud of it. It is not a reflection of our character.  It is simply a reflection of what we are capable of. Being alone! There is nothing much more attractive than knowing that you are comfortable being independent.  Being alone allows yourself to get to know who you really are. 

I talk from experience, it allowed me to love myself more than I have ever have. I do believe that I am more capable of being a true partner now more than ever. I gave myself the time to nourish and learned to love "me" for all my imperfections and learned to accept the life that I truly want to live. Yes, it does get lonely but I prefer to be alone knowing that when the right person comes, I have more to offer now than I have ever had.

No comments:

Post a Comment